Many sufferers of urinary tract infections are allowing their diets and foods to do all the work to treat their infection.
Because UTIs are caused by the E coli bacteria, it is important to know what foods and what types of diets can help cure your bladder infection. Here are 10 secret foods that could outperform antibiotics.
What Foods Cure Urinary Tract Infections?
There are certain rules you must follow when treating a urinary tract infection. Because bladder infections are caused by a low or weak immunity and E coli bacteria clinging to the walls of the urinary tract, you need to know what foods will help and hinder the infection.
1. During an attack, it is important to stay away from foods that are extremely acidic and spicy. Here are list of foods which you should avoid. You should avoid the following foods or beverages: coffee, tea, chocolate, soft drinks, guava, oranges, pineapples, strawberries, tomatoes, wine, carbonated beverages, chicken livers, corned beef, chicken, steak, corn, eggs, and sour cream.
2. You should drink plenty of water which can help with flushing your tract and also your body. We recommend filtered water but any water will do as long as you’re drinking it throughout the whole day.
3. You should also boost your immunity by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables which are not acidic.
4. Supplementing is also popular for a quick way to boost your immunity. You should supplement up to 3000 mg of vitamin C daily during an attack.
5. Zinc is also an important mineral to supplement. Zinc rich foods include salads, nuts, bran cereal, bananas, cheese and fish.
6. Fiber is extremely important because it helps flush your body much like water. Look for whole grains and plenty of water soluble fiber (fruits and veggies).
7. Cranberries contain proanthocyanidins which disrupt E coli from clinging to the walls of the bladder. You should supplement this fruit daily.
8. You may also wish to supplement cranberry tablets or unsweetened cranberry juice which can also be beneficial.
9. Eating foods that have plenty of natural antibiotics is also important because it can help your body holistically fight the infection. You should immediately supplement raw garlic, onions, shallots, radishes, fresh gingerroot and plenty of fruit and vegetable juices.
10. Finally, you should also be eating yogurt regularly to help with keeping your ‘good’ bacteria count strong. After you take antibiotics, your ‘good’ bacteria count is drastically lowered leaving you open to another repeat infection. Eating yogurt daily can erase this possibility.